Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is "Best of Blush"?


In January of this year, I started working at Blush Lane Organics as their produce manager. Of all the many reasons I love my job, getting to build awesome produce displays is definitely a highlight. I haven't really found much online about building produce displays, but in my industry it is definitely a skill and a talent, and a very important part of merchandising.


While sending a set of photos for a claim tonight, I came across the dozens and dozens of photos I have of the displays I have built in the past few months. I have enough photos to start a "worst of Blush" blog full of rotting fruit and vegetables, but it makes more sense to focus on the beautiful, wonderful stuff that makes us who we are. Beautiful produce gives out positive energy, especially when it is creatively displayed. It's the basic building block of a Farmer's Market: Why people brave the crowds and double-wide strollers just to look.

(Well, that and the samples, I suppose!)




No comments:

Post a Comment